Friday, July 24, 2009

Gift Ideas for Bridesmaids

There's no need to spend a lot on bridesmaid gifts (unless you want to and have the budget for it). Especially if you're having a large bridal party, gifts can get pricey and eat in to your budget. However, with a little brainstorming and time to browse online or in stores, you can find affordable, yet thoughtful gifts.

The best gifts in my opinion are ones that will help prepare them for your special day. They are going to be spending, too; not only on their dresses but on your shower, bachelorette party, etc. Keep that in mind when selecting their dresses and accessories. Do you want them all to wear the same shoe or same color? Consider purchasing their shoes and/or getting them dyed.

Spa gifts are great - who doesn't like to go to a spa with their friends? This can be expensive, so look for local beauty colleges (even Aveda has one!). You may not get the total 'spa experience' but you'll save lots if you want all your girls to have a mani/pedi. Massages are nice and well-appreciated, but, if you are all on a budget consider this: what would be better for the 'Big Day,' buying them massages or their make-up application or up-dos?

Don't worry - there are plenty of more affordable ways to make your girls feel and look beautiful. One of my readers, Lilli, is considering buying teeth whitening kits for her girls. What a great idea! It's a great bridesmaid gift under $50 (heck, even under $30 for some kits). Not only will their smiles look great in the photos, they'll thank you for their pearly whites in the future, too!

Eyeshadow and foundation primers also have immediate and long-lasting appeal. These will keep your and their eyeshadow and foundation looking flawless and it should last through the evening with little to no 'touch-ups' required. The best primers I've ever used are the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
for eyes and Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
for face. A friend gave me a gift certificate for a professional make-up application for my wedding - I made sure I brought these two products along to the artist, just in case she didn't have them. She had the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
, but not the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
. I would not have walked down the aisle without Urban Decay under my eyeshadow - it was the only way I knew I wouldn't have to do any touch-ups. And, zero touch-ups were necessary. I bought my Maid of Honor these primers as a Christmas gift. She loved them and used them before, during and after the ceremony.

I plan on doing some review vids on the products I used for my wedding. Until then, you can see an older review of the Urban Decay Primer Potion:

No comments: